Welcome to the
SEED PROJECT 2011
October 27 to October 31, 2011
This project is open to ALL PreK to 3rd
grade classrooms World Wide.
1. Please print out the information
2. Purchase a 1 - 5 lb pumpkin. (You
are welcome to purchase more than 1 pumpkin and compare the seeds
in each. However, when submitting results, post one pumpkin count
at a time.)
3. Students will estimate how many
seeds will be in the pumpkin.
4. Teacher and students will open
the pumpkin, scoop out seeds, and count.
5. Class will compare their guesses
with final actual pumpkin seed count.
6. Teacher & class will submit
results to the online collection database. (results can be posted
from 10/27 to 11/1)
7. Teacher & class can download
excel results form and compare their results with other participating
8. Teachers & class are encouraged
to use activity ideas.
Students are invited to participate in a "PUMPKIN FASHION
SHOW" where the classroom can submit STUDENT CREATED (drawn
or carved) pumpkins and upload them to our Voice Thread (please send your email to Jennifer if you wish to upload images)
You also might wish to take pictures
throughout the project and add them to your own smilebox, wiki, blog,
10. If you wish to collaborate with
another class -- via skype, email, phone, etc....please
join our group at Edmodo (group #eg5z26) or http://projectsbyjen.ning.com/
Registration is now closed for this project.
Information - Resources - Activities - Standards
Results - Gallery - Contact Jen