Classrooms will be working with 23 other classrooms to complete 1 collaborative piece of art.
This year we will be using a template created by Kathy Barbro at http://artprojectsforkids.me/?product_cat=pdf-store - based on Van Gogh's Starry Night. (You will only be provided with your section of the template. If you wish your class to purchase ALL sections, please visit Kathy's site -- the cost of the template is $5.)
1. Each classroom will receive ONE SECTION of a piece of art and a listing of classrooms they will be collaborating with.
(Each group will have 24 classrooms)
The main image
has been divided into 24 pieces....
2. Guided by the teacher, each student will color THEIR CLASS SECTION of the drawing on a piece of paper. (please use CRAYONS!) -- a
PDF template will be provided!!!
The final collection of artwork will be perfect for a bulletin board!
3. From a provided list, the teacher will mail out the completed sections of art to every classroom on that list (one section per classroom!)
(Teachers are responsible for all postage costs)
4. The class will also include a completed template to share a bit about their classroom.
5. Each classroom will receive artwork "sections" from the other classrooms on the list.
6. Once the "sections" have been received, the classroom will piece the parts together to create ONE collaborative piece of artwork.
When pieced together -- your final artwork will measure: 48″ x 36″
If you would like to purcase the entire template for your classroom, please visit Kathy's site at http://artprojectsforkids.me/product/van-gogh-starry-night-mural/
7. Teachers & class are encouraged
to use any or all resource ideas.
You also might wish to take pictures
throughout the project and add them to your own wiki, blog,
8. If you wish to collaborate with
another class -- via skype, email, phone, etc....please
join our group at Edmodo or follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ProjectsByJen/100841283310107
9. Your sections need to be mailed to the other participating
classrooms BY May 12, 2014.
10. If you have read all the instructions -- AND you are ready to join this project -- please click below!