Welcome to the
PUMPKIN SEED PROJECT 2014
October 27 - 31, 2014
This project is open to ALL PreK to 3rd
grade classrooms World Wide.
1. Please print out the information
2. Purchase a 1 - 5 lb pumpkin. (You
are welcome to purchase more than 1 pumpkin and compare the seeds
in each. However, when submitting results, post one pumpkin count
at a time.)
3. Students will estimate how many
seeds will be in the pumpkin.
4. Teacher and students will open
the pumpkin, scoop out seeds, and count.
5. Class will compare their guesses
with final actual pumpkin seed count.
6. Teacher & class will submit
results to an online form. (results can be posted
from 10/27 to 11/1)
7. Teacher & class will be able to view and download submitted data to use in class to extend math learning.
8. Teachers & class are encouraged
to use activity ideas.
Students are invited to participate in a "PUMPKIN FASHION
SHOW" where the classroom can submit STUDENT CREATED (drawn
or carved) pumpkins. These images with be added to our pinterest page.
You also might wish to take pictures
throughout the project and add them to your own wiki, blog, etc.
10. If you wish to collaborate with
another class -- via skype, email, google hangouts, etc....you are welcome to indicate that when you register for this project.
Registration is NOW OPEN!
Information - Resources - Activities -
Standards - Results - Contact Jen