October 28, 29, 30, 31 & November 1, 2013
This project is open to ALL PreK to 3rd
grade classrooms World Wide.
1. Please print out the information
2. Purchase a 1 - 5 lb pumpkin. (You
are welcome to purchase more than 1 pumpkin and compare the seeds
in each. However, when submitting results, post one pumpkin count
at a time.)
3. Students will estimate how many
seeds will be in the pumpkin(s).
4. Teacher and students will open
the pumpkin, scoop out seeds, and count.
5. Class will compare their guesses
with final actual pumpkin seed count.
6. Teacher & class will submit
results to the online collection database. (results can be posted
from 10/29 to 11/1)
7. Teacher & class can download
excel results form and compare their results with other participating
8. Teachers & class are encouraged
to use activity ideas.
Teachers are encouraged to take pictures throughout the project and add them to your own smilebox, wiki, blog,
10. If you wish to collaborate with
another class -- via skype, email, tokbox, phone, etc....please
join our group at
Registration for this project is now closed.
Instructions - Resources - Activities - Standards
Results - Contact Jen
Graphics used for this project were purchased
Projects By Jen hosted by Jennifer
L. Wagner are licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.