project is for
PREK - THIRD GRADE CLASSES!!
Project Dates are
March 16 - 20, 2015
Each participating class will need to have
*1 box (per class) of General Mill's Lucky Charms.
*1 Class tally sheet
for teacher to post results
* Paper towels or some item to sort shapes on
* Baggies (or plastic bags) to store Lucky Charms if you are
pre bagging them (1 to 2 scoops each) for your students
As a GROUP -- we will be trying to prove
that there are more GREEN CLOVERS
(you might call them hats) than any other shape. As a classroom
-- you might wish to create your own hypothesis to prove as
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. The Teacher will need to register ONLINE
for this project.
2. The Teacher will distribute Lucky Charms
to their class. You are welcome to do this by separating into
baggies, create a center area, or any other way you see will
work within your classroom.
3. Each student will divide their Lucky Charms into the following
for a picture of the shapes.
**We are NOT counting the oat shapes!!**
Also, if you have any other speciality shapes,
they will be classified as OTHER on the
final results page.
Also, we will be calling the green shape
CLOVER on the tally sheets!
4. Students will count each marshmallow shape
and write down their final tally count for that shape! Students
are encouarged to create a graph to represent their individual count as well.
5. Students will add their individual count of each shape
to a CLASS COUNT.
6. The class will create a final Class Count
for their Lucky Charms. Teachers & students are encouraged to create a graph to represent their class count as well.
7. The teacher will visit the RESULT page to submit the Class
results on with the total CLASS count of each shape between
March 16 and March 21, 2015.
8. Final Results will be posted on Monday, March
23, 2015 (at 9pm) and the website will have an excel document
with FINAL results for you to share with your students.
9. Each participating class that posts results will have their
name added to the participant page.
10. Additional activity ideas and worksheets are
provided for teachers to expand this project for the entire
Please post results HERE
on or before March 21, 2015. THANK YOU