1. Download the KMZ file which has all the landmarks we will use with this project -- either to all computers or one computer. (this is up to teacher)
2. Open the KMZ file (this will launch Google Earth)
3. Type in your SCHOOL ADDRESS in the Search area, click ENTER, and fly into your school location.
4. Create a placemark to mark the location of your school.
5. Use the ruler tool (see tutorial) and find the distances to each of the landmarks. (Record this information on the location handout.)
6. As a class, choose 4 other locations you wish to measure. Find the distances to each.
7. Visit the "google submission form" and share your data with other participants
8. Join the NING and share your classroom's participation with this project.
9. Create a Wiki, Website, or Blog to share about your classroom's participation.
10. Take pictures and upload them to a photoshare program such as Flickr or Bubbleshare. (tag with TPWWG2009)