There I was — at a HUGE educational conference with a HUGE emphasis on Tech — and this is what I learned:
I LEARNED THAT…..
1. 2 friends will become new daddies this year. One in August and the other in November.
2. a friend’s mother passed away.
3. a friend has a new job and she and her husband will be moving to California
4. 2 colleagues had met 20 years ago at ISTE when he crashed her session.
5. a friend is relocating to India and I met her new colleagues.
6. a friend has started a company to help teachers create apps.
7. some friends are NOT morning people. (grins)
8. a friend starts chemo on Monday.
9. a friend shaves his head on purpose.
10. at the most exact necessary moment, someone can be so utterly kind.
11. a friend is sending her kids to a montessori school.
12. Sir Ken is keynoting CUE in March 2013.
13. David Warlick continues to be such a wonderful encourager.
14. sometimes we need to give people a second chance.
15. little girls asking grownups for business cards and then giving them one’s they handcrafted is precious.
16. a friend is 20 hours from getting his pilot’s license.
17. 3 friends are working on new books.
18. a friends son just got married in Jamaica
19. a friend is getting 2 new kittens.
20. a true friend stands by you at your most embarrassing moment.
What I learned about me.
a. I tend to interrupt…need to work on this.
b. I am a hugger.
c. Asking questions and then listening to responses is one of my strengths.
d. Eye to eye contact is so important!!
e. About 4pm I hit a wall and by 9pm, I am usually ready to go to sleep. But am wide awake at 5:30am.
f. Water is still my #1 beverage.
So — what did you learn at ISTE?