I was one of the “lucky” ones to have attended the very first Educon — and WHAT an experience that was. Many of us had attended ISTE/NECC 2007 – where, in my most humblest opinion – is where the “kabang” of conversations began and we were anxious for another meetup – face to face — SOON — and Educon met that need — and more!! It is a lifetime memory — and one that I am so lucky to have!!
I had truly tried to get to Educon this year…..but my best intentions fell flat
…..yet, I am not dismayed…because I know that this weekend….I still will be able to attend Educon…from the comfort of my own home….and anywhere else I can access the internet.
I will be able to plan which sessions I wish to listen to here:
I will be able to watch the sessions I have chosen here:
I will be able to follow the twitter feed here:
I will be able to see all the pictures shared here:
So, it is ALMOST as good as being there! ALMOST!
Here are a few things I ask from those WHO are attending F2F.
1. Visit some “new names” sessions and let us know what is going on in their campuses and sit near someone NEW each session, each meal, each opportunity!! And please introduce someone NEW to your old friends!!
2. Ask the “and what else” questions — or the “how did you accomplish this” — or “what did you learrn, what did your students learn?” etc etc etc
3. If they are streaming, come say “HI” to the camera!! Oh, and say thanks to the students who have given up their day so that you CAN come say “HI” to the camera!!
4. After EDUCON — blog your reflections to us!!
5. Notice what is NOT being noticed!!
6. Post Pictures!!!
7. And have a grand time.
So wish I could be there –
but thankful, that due to Educon making a HUGE effort to share this conference beyond their 4 walls
……I will get to be there!!